In 2016, more than 44,000,000 people used the internet in the Philippines, somewhere around 43% of the total country population. 52% of Filipinos had a computer with high speed Internet connection at home, though a survey showed the average internet speed of 4.5 Mbps and small percent of users over 30 years.
This leads to conclude that the utilisation of internet in the country is still expecting growth and will lead to greater demand for website domains with .ph extension.
In the event that your market is the Philippines, getting a .PH domain will give you an edge, specially considering search engines do prioritize local websites.
- Anyone can register .ph domain
- Minimum registration length is one year
- Domain names cannot correspond to well-known or prestigious brands that belong to someone else or to a geographical name.
- No additional fees are needed to register .ph domain.
Domain Names must:
- have minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- not contain special characters such as hyphens, &, and #
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.pt); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.pt).
Hosting as well as email services for .pt domain is available at istanco.com.
All information (name, address, email, etc.) will be displayed in WHOIS.
With Private Registration, your personal information will not be displayed on WHOIS queries
It may take up to 48 hours after buying a domain name for a domain to start working (point to your dns servers) after updating nameservers.